Family Weekend Intensive starts tomorrow, February 17, at Windward Way!
This three-day family relationship healing intensive brings together a group of families and gently guides members toward new ways of thinking about themselves in the family, to open understanding and communication, and foster healthier ways of relating and interacting. The goal is to free the family from harmful cycles of communication and behaviors while increasing the likelihood of a better outcome for the client in treatment. Our intention is for family members to leave the workshop in a more curious and open state, with a commitment to shift away from impaired coping and toward health and harmony. Our clinicians invite families to this event at the appropriate time in the treatment and recovery process.
Primary Goals of the Workshop:
· Interrupt the cycles of loss, turmoil, and relapse
· Promote connection and open up communication at any stage in the client’s recovery
· Practice healthier ways of coping with stress, uncertainty, and feeling trapped or powerless
· Develop language to reduce the power of dependency-reinforcing interactions
· Join a network of supportive allies for family members who “get” family system distress
· Increase the likelihood that the man in treatment will make recovery his project
The Friday to Sunday format incorporates a variety of interactive and instructional learning methods. In most cases, families will also participate in an individual session with a Windward Way clinical team member. We look forward to connecting with our clients’ families for a time of learning and personal growth!