People do not plan on becoming dependent to prescription drugs. Addiction is a complicated disease affecting the brain. Just as any chronic illness requires medical supervision, so too detoxing from prescription medication needs a medical intervention to be effective. The people entering our detox center at Windward Way are not only under constant observation, our professionals also often provide the lifesaving medications our clients need to transition into our prescription rehab program.
Here are some of the categories for prescription pills and medications we provide medical care for, at our highly praised and dually-accredited detox center:
- Amphetamines (such as Adderall® or Ritalin®)
- Barbiturates (including phenobarbital, among others)
- Benzodiazepines (including Ativan® or Xanax®)
- Dissociatives (like ketamine or nitrous oxide)
- Opioid Painkillers (such as OxyContin® or Vicodin®)
You should never begin the process of detoxification off prescription medication alone. Windward Way’s prescription pills detox (as well as other forms of medication) is exactly the medically supervised program for detoxification you’ve been looking for. Don’t wait for things to get worse; call us now at (855) 491-7694.