One of our primary goals with families at Windward Way is to educate about the disease of addiction and provide everyone with ways to effectively communicate with their loved one.
We know that as soon as clients return to their setting they came from, they will need to engage with their loved ones in a healthy manner. Our aim is to provide the foremost family related addiction treatment to reach long-term outcomes.
We know your interests lie in a sustained long-term recovery for your child, spouse or loved one—you’ve already made huge strides by reaching out to our treatment center in the first place. Call us now at (855) 491-7694. We can show you how our addiction treatment program doesn’t leave the family behind but welcomes them in.
Supportive services for the family can include (after clinical approval):
- Weekly phone updates for family members by a certified drug and alcohol counselor
- Education about the addiction/recovery process
- Referrals to community support services
- Visitation opportunities when clinically appropriate
- Family therapy sessions, via phone, Skype or in person(phone or skype therapy sessions are only available to residents of California due to state licensing laws)
We invite you to discuss with the clinical team the options for visiting with your loved one while you’re in the area. Depending on the clinical assessment, passes will be planned to support spending time together.
In addition, many families will be scheduled for a family session with your loved one and some members of his or her team. Call us now to explore how we can develop a recovery plan for you or for someone you love: (855) 491-7694.