Windward Way Provides COVID-19 Rapid Tests In Southern California
Windward Way, a drug and alcohol treatment center, is committed to the total health and well-being of all of our clients. We want to ensure safety during this time of rising COVID-19 cases. Our center, located in Southern California, offers COVID-19 Rapid Tests to all incoming clients during their intakes before joining our community. This test, also called an “antigen test,” finds proteins specific to the Coronavirus and can indicate if a person has contracted COVID-19, regardless of the person displaying COVID-19 symptoms. Windward Way is administering these tests and results are available within 15 minutes for our clients. We treat clients from all over the country and understand our responsibility to safeguard the health of each person at our facility through a robust testing strategy.
From being a leader in the field of addiction treatment to being a leader in the implementation of best practices in fighting COVID-19 within treatment centers, we place safety first. As we have seen increases in substance use during this challenging time, we believe our potential and current clients should feel comfortable with Windward Way as their choice for addiction treatment services. In addition to our robust testing program, we require that:
- All Windward Way staff are trained in the transmission and recognition of COVID-19.
- Medical staff are available 24 hours a day to address any possible cases immediately.
- Our protocols are fully aligned to COVID-19 guidance from federal, state, and local health officials.
- Windward Way is fully prepared with PPE supplies to ensure the safety of staff and patients.
- Facility cleaning and sanitization, with particular attention paid to high contact areas, (doorknobs, bathrooms, etc.) is done regularly and to the highest standards.
- Staff and patients adhere to the highest level of sanitary and hygiene practices.
- Social distancing measures are maintained, and we require facial coverings for all staff and patients.
- Wherever possible, meetings and other groups are utilizing a virtual format.
- Upon admission, patients are screened by staff regarding potential exposures, travel outside the US, and any recent illnesses. Any patients picked up at airports or home locations will be provided a mask, and drivers will follow mask and distancing protocols.
- Patients who may be COVID-19 positive are treated with respect and dignity. Our team will follow internal safety protocols, including isolating the patient and treatment by the medical team.
Our policies and procedures are continuously reviewed to ensure we follow best practices as defined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and local health agencies. Windward Way is dedicated to these safety measures at our treatment facility.
We care deeply about the total well-being of each person we serve. The safety of our patients and staff is a top priority for our leadership team. We firmly believe that COVID-19 should not stop someone from seeking treatment and stand behind that commitment with our robust testing program for our staff and patients.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (855) 942-3455
Veronica Waters, M.S.
Vice President of Clinical Services
Windward Way Recovery
ASKING FOR HELP ISN’T EASY
Our admissions counselors will guide you or your loved one through the admissions process and treatment options. Assessments are always free and 100% confidential.