Early Signs of Heroin Addiction
Heroin use has recently exploded within our country. The men who find themselves dependent on this drug never thought it could happen to them. Or, at least they believed they could handle the drug’s addictive effects. An addiction treatment program at Windward Way can help you or someone you care about get off heroin for good.
Some of the early signs of heroin addiction include:
- Constantly scratches the skin. Heroin use makes the skin itch.
- Needle marks on the skin if the person is injecting.
- Pupils in the eyes get very small.
- The person often seems sleepy, or paradoxically “wired” and energetic.
- The drug abuser is always short of money, and begs, borrows, or steals to sustain his habit.
- Damaged work or family relationships.
Complications and Side Effects of Heroin Addiction
Heroin abuse is inherently dangerous. Since it’s an illegal drug, an abuser often doesn’t know the dose, source, or if even it’s heroin they are smoking, snorting or injecting.
Since heroin goes straight to the receptors in the human brain that influence comfort and reward, people who have been using this illegal opioid find it exceedingly hard to quit. Withdrawal from heroin use can be extremely difficult—insomnia, profuse sweating, pain, intense anxiety, and drug craving are common.
Thankfully, Windward Way’s clinically supervised heroin detox center and drug rehab can give you exactly the help you’re looking for. Don’t hesitate, call us today and we can fully explain to you all the advantages of our program compared to the mostly generic, “cookie cutter” heroin rehabs you’ll find. Here’s our number: (844) 252-5930.